5 Signs It's Time to Get Your Brakes Serviced
Knowing when it’s time to get your brakes serviced is crucial for maintaining your safety and the safety of everyone else on the road! So… how do you know when it’s time to visit your auto repair shop?
- Squeaking or squealing sounds! If you hear high-pitched noises when pressing the brakes, it’s probably a sign that your brake pads are worn out. Brake pads actually have built-in indicators that produce these sounds to alert you when they need replacement so don’t ignore it!
- If you feel vibrations or pulsations when braking, it’s time to get into the shop! This is often an indicator of warped brake rotors. Warped rotors can result from excessive heat or heavy braking.
- Longer braking distance. If you notice that it takes longer for your vehicle to come to a complete stop or that you need to apply more pressure on the brake pedal, that’s a pretty good sign you need brake work done.
- Grinding noises. When you have completely worn your vehicles brake pads down, the metal components are now rubbing against each other. This is a severe issue and should be addressed immediately.
- A burning smell. After lots of heavy braking, overheated brakes emit a burning odor. This is a sign of excessive friction or a potential problem with the braking system, which is something that should be addressed promptly!
If you’re experiencing any of these signs, call your local GreatWater shop to have your brakes inspected and serviced by one of our qualified technicians. Regular vehicle maintenance ensures your vehicle is running properly, keeping you and others safe on the road!